Back to league
FIFA Fall 2020 Rules
- Each player is responsible for having their own Playstation 4 and internet connection
- Individual League (1v1)
- 3 matches for regular season, best 2 out of 3 for the playoffs
- The home team will determine which person will serve as host and they will invite their opponent.
- The date on the schedule is the date that the game must be played by.
- Both players must agree on a date and time to play.
- If all efforts to make time are ignored or unable to agree on a time, the time on the schedule will be when the game is played.
- If one player is unable to make that time, then they will forfeit that week's match and the score will be recorded as a 2-0 series victory (1-0, 1-0).
- Screenshots must be sent to the league convenor.
- All results must be posted on the league discord of Laurier eSports Live.
- Streaming is recommended in the case of a dispute
- Players can use any team they want
- Players are able to use the same team
- No customized rosters, no all-star teams, or classic rosters
- Game Settings should be default (unless noted below)
- Length of season: 9 weeks (7 regular season matches + 2 playoffs/consolation matches)
- Championship Bracket: 1 v 4 and 2 v 3
- Best 2 out of 3
- Winners play the following week in the Championship match and the losers play in the 3rd place match
- Consolation Bracket: Teams will be clustered in groups of 4 based on standings and will play the same 1 v 4 and 2 v 3 to determine the order of finish for their cluster.
- Maximum Teams Per League: 16
- Tiebreakers will follow Laurier Intramural Policies.
FIFA-Specific In-Game Settings:
- Team Size: 1v1
- Game Mode: Friendly Season/Kick-Off
- Classic Match
- Match Length: 6 minute halves
- Difficulty: Professional
- Overtime: Golden Goal, followed by penalty kicks
- Game Speed: Normal
- Everything Else: Default
The eSports Captain's Manual can be found here. All registrants' agree to the Manual as well as these rules upon registration.