FIFA Winter League FIFA21 Rules
Laurier eSports Live Leagues and Tournaments are recreational events focused primarily on connecting Laurier Students and Community with a shared interest in gaming.
In the spirit of competition, we will be recognizing the playoff champion in each division with a prize.
- Champions Division $100 Gift Card
- Contenders Division $50 Gift Card
- Initiate Division $25 Gift Card
All players must read and agree to abide by the policies and expectations detailed in the Laurier eSports Live Player’s Handbook.
The Laurier eSports Live Player’s Handbook includes:
- Rights and Responsibilities of Captains and players
- Team Name & Uniform Policies
- Infractions & Penalties including, but not limited to:
- Forfeits & Defaults
- Player eligibility
- Abuse of Administrator
- Inappropriate Language or Conduct
Players are expected to conduct themselves appropriately and contribute to the development of an inclusive Laurier eSports Live community. Any player found to be engaging in the following will be reviewed for disciplinary action and escalated for review as required.
- Express themself in an offensive manner about other players or their actions in the game, regardless of whether they are opponents or team-mates.
- Use language, nicknames or other expressions that insult another player’s gender, gender identity, origin, physical ability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
- Use language or actions that refer to sexual violence or other violence.
- Act in a threatening or violent manner.
Withdrawals and Refunds
Players may withdraw from a league or tournament prior to the registration deadline and receive a full refund by sending an email request to email@example.com.
Players withdrawing after the first matches are posted will not be eligible for a refund.
Leagues or tournaments that do not receive them minimum number of registrants to operate will be cancelled. All registered players will automatically be issued a full refund
BEFORE THE LEAGUE STARTS
Notifications & Communication
Players must have a Playstation 4 and FIFA21 game.
All registered players will receive confirmation and league details to the email address provided during registration.
All communication after league play begins will be completed on the Laurier Esports Live Discord. Please familiarize yourself with the Laurier platform and your applicable channels.
Captains add each other
The league schedule will be displayed on laurier.unitinggamers.com. The players Gamertag and Discord IDteam are displayed when you click on the team name.
Please add all players you are matched up to play on your console.
Players will have one match scheduled each week during regular season play. The date displayed is the date by which the match must be completed.
Note: Players may have more than one match schedule during Week 1 if the league requires qualifying matches to determine divisions.
Captains must agree upon a day and time to play the match prior to the posted date.
- Captains may agree to play at a day and time after the scheduled time. They must notify the moderator on Discord prior to scheduled date/time to avoid the game being recorded as a double forfeit.
- If repeated efforts to arrange a time are ignored, the player attempting to schedule the match must share a screenshot of the attempted communications with the moderator on Discord. The score will be posted as a forfeit win for the player who attempted to schedule to the match.
- If captains are unable to agree on a time, the time posted on the schedule will become the officially scheduled time. If one player is unable to play during the posted time, that player will forfeit that week's match and the score will be posted as a forfeit win for the player who logged in during the scheduled time.
Forfeits will be posted as a 3-0 series victory with a score of 1-0 in each game..
All regular season matches will be 3 games. All three games must be played. Results of all three games will count towards the overall standings.
Playoff matches will be best 2 out of 3 games.
Before the match
The home team captain will be responsible for setting up the first match.
NOTE: Home team is the team listed on the left side of the match up at laurier.unitinggamers.com.
Second match will be hosted by the away team.
The third match host will be decided based on which team has the most goals scored across the first two games. If tied, team with the most timed possession of the ball during the 2nd game will host game 3. If still tied, a coin toss will decide the host of game 3.
Players are encouraged to be online and ready for their matches 15 min prior to start time. Teams will forfeit games if they are not ready to play 10 minutes after the agreed upon game start time.
FIFA In-Game Settings:
- Team Size: 1v1
- Game Mode: Friendly Season/Kick-Off
- Classic Match
- Match Length: 6 minute halves
- Difficulty: Professional
- Overtime: Golden Goal, followed by penalty kicks
- Game Speed: Normal
- Everything Else: Default
- Players may select any team
- Both players may select the same team
- Customized rosters, all-star teams or classic rosters are NOT permitted
- Streaming/recording matches and/or taking a screenshot of final scores is recommended to support any complaints or disputes.
Connection issues disrupting play
If a disconnection prevents a player from starting a game or occurs in the first minute of gametime in a game and before a goal has been scored, the disconnected player will have a 10 minute grace period to reconnect and restart the game.
Any game that a player is unable to play due to connection issues will be recorded as a forfeit loss.
Regular season games may be rescheduled provided both players agree. Remember to notify the moderator if the game will be played after the officially scheduled time.
It is the responsibility of the winning team to post the score at laurier.unitinggamers.com.
We recommend notifying the moderator on Discord of the posted score and/or to report any disputes or errors in the scores at laurier.unitinggamers.com.
Top 4 Teams in the regular season standings will qualify for elimination playoffs.
Tie Breaks will be determined by:
- The team with the least forfeits during the regular season.
- Least Total Goals Against during regular season
- Plus-Minus - Total goals for during less Total Goals Against during regular season
- Coin Toss
Playoff matches will be decided by best 2 out of 3 games.
All settings and rulings from regular season play apply.